Hi, there! I’m back with an extremely short guide to kimono!
Disclaimer: I do not pretend to know everything there is to know about kimono and this guide only covers the smallest fraction of information. What is in this guide comes purely from my own knowledge and research, and I am very sorry if I made any mistakes. Let me know if I did and I’ll fix it asap :). I’m also sorry for the terrible drawing of the girl on page 4(rilly rilly bad) :T
Lastly, these pics are massive! Forgive me! m(__)m
(All of these will be in Japanese. There are lots of pictures so it’s okay if you can’t read it!)
1) Kimono (this is the page I referenced for my drawing on page 4. It is a wonderful breakdown of kimono structure and the artist shows much more detail than I did. Check this link out for sure!)
5) Moar obi!1!
7) Google Japan image search results for ‘obi musubikata’ (obi how to tie)
And that’s all! I hope this was useful for anyone wanting to draw kimono but perhaps having a little trouble with the details :)
i want to draw but whenever my parents are home, i just — *fidgets uncomfortably as if waiting to them to start yelling and being angryy*
Full set of Madoka prints complete! I’m actually really glad I went through and finished drawing all of them even though I didn’t plan to originally..! These were drawn over a period of two years so the style’s really all over the place haha. 2011: Homura, Sayaka / 2012: Kyoko, Mami / 2013: Madoka
Have you noticed the Mosquitos are already out! Here is a homemade trap to help keep you and the kiddos from being a blood donor!!!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
REBLOGGING BECAUSE IMPORTANT
source: Free! LOG | Jm. [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35510537